Saturday, December 30, 2006

My 21st Christmas

Hello everyone. As some of you may already know, we are playing a show on the 10th of January at the Hotel Cafe here in Los Angeles. We're playing at 8 pm I think. Pretty early. Maybe we need to ease back into playing these live shows. We're also working on getting some residencies in February. And not just in LA bear in mind! I'll keep you updated.

Christmas was wonderful. I got Blake 'The Magical Mystery Tour' and 'Spencer Davis Group Live' dvds as well as the entire Police catalogue. He got me this amazing delay pedal that I couldn't be more excited to put to use. Now I can make as much noise as anyone else in this band. Wylie and I, unbeknownst to us at the time, got each other Yerba Mate tea sets. It's absolutely as pretentious as it sounds. Blake got Wylie a great graffitti art book, but I don't know what Wylie got Blake yet. Nor what's Stuart's gifts are (to and from) and I don't want to say what I got him in case he reads this.

Right now I'm off to look at rotary speakers for an organ. Let that be an indication of a Simon Dawes to come! Pray that I've found the best, cheapest rotary speaker in existence.

Tell your friends about Simon Dawes.
-Taylor

3 comments:

Courtney said...

lame 21+ shows.

Miniature Tigers said...

What kind of delay pedal is it?

Hailey k said...

you better keep us up to date, heather keeps asking me when the next show is! hehe...