Sunday, April 29, 2007

Summer Tour Plans

Looks like we're going to spend this summer playing shows with Incubus! Mikey, who plays guitar, is the fucking coolest. Have yet to meet the rest of the band, but all we've heard from friends is how great these dudes all are. It's pretty fucking generous of them to have us on these shows, so I don't doubt that they're even more extremely rad as people have said. We'll be covering the whole US on about 30 dates. Schedule and details to come shortly after confirmation...

Also just impulse-purchased a sickening guitar off ebay about an hour ago. I don't know what came over me, but that shit's mine now. Gotta give some guitar lessons to make some fast cash. How could I do online guitar lessons through the blog? Maybe like TABs or some shit? That could be fun. For a while.

How about that Joe Tex song on the Grindhouse Soundtrack??? Second coming of JC himself right thurr.

So here's me tonight... so dancy... so jazzed... a little richer, a little poorer...



Yep... 1:28


-Blake

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, it looks like I'll be seeing you if you are on with Incubus for the 8/28 show in ATL. Of course I don't even have my tickets yet because they haven't gone on sale, but I will. You better believe I will. :)

Anonymous said...

No UK dates though? Bugger

I don't think online guitar lessons would make you any cash because people can learn online for free. But you should definitely do guitar tutoring in your town or something. Or whilst on tour with incubus do a 30 minute lesson in each town. That could be rad.

Oh also the spiderman soundtrack tune is so different. Couldn't tell it was you guys.

Hailey k said...

incubus??!? freakin sweet!!!

.. said...

wow, what a great video. i actually own that same outfit that those girls are dancing in. in fact, I’m wearing it right now. i might be lying...
totally off topic, but last night I had carnivore playing at the store I work at and some lady told me it was too loud and made me turn it down. I said to her “if you don’t like simon dawes then you can get the hell out of my store!!”. part of that is true anyway.

Courtney said...

oh...my...god...
i can't think of what else to say.

Anonymous said...

Does this mean I need to make and pack enough eggplant parm to serve everyone in ALT? I'll do it. ;)

Rockdrigo Perez said...

I meet the guys from Incubus about a year ago in Mexico City. They're really cool, almost 5 minutes after they meet me they asked me if I didn't want to go with them to a party after the concert.

Anonymous said...

Nice blog. I will keep reading. Please take the time to visit my blog about Free Guitar Lesson