Monday, April 2, 2007

Happy April

One month. One more month before we move into our house in Northridge, CA. Simon Dawes. So ready.

So I was talking to Mr. Todd from Portland the other night online (I'd signed on the official Simon Dawes screen name which is "simondaweschat") and we were discussing an interesting idea for SD fans and band members...

It was along the lines of a trade situation while we're on tour, where willing participants would email their contact info (city, name, number, age, favorite local restaurant) and they'd get tickets to the SD show in their city, plus perhaps an exclusive live CD or some sort of something... in exchange for a modest-to-moderately priced meal outing with willing band members... Something like a Chipotle around the corner or a Whole Foods Market. Real-basic-old-world-food-for-art-exchange kind of thing.

Let me know your thoughts on the idea. Seem legitimate? Scheemy? Unfair? Any and all comments welcome... including any other band member feedback (who's down?).

Some TEXAS DATES are up. Peep the myspace. Working on new material to record and play live in a city near you. Some touring being planned in mid-May.

The first birds are awake. Love you all.

-Blake

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like an intriguing idea.

Would houses count? I mean some of your fans may be kick arse cooks. Take me, ( i cant cook to save my life) but my nan can so i'd take you to my nan's place for food.

I can envisage some poor kid from texas winning to take you for some texan food (whatever that is) and all the band member turning up, and the support band and the rodies and some random chicks that followed the line of men. They'd have to be a no more than 4 rule.

rambling.

out.

Anonymous said...

You guys have my offer. I live downtown so there are plenty of places to choose. I'm all for it.

amy said...

I don't know; are you likely to find yourself in Lancaster town centre anytime soon?

If you do, I'd gladly shout you a meal at Merchant's. It's like a cave. Only cleaner.

Nadia's idea's good though; so long as whoever's feeding you know's what they're doing. Food's food!

Simon Dawes said...

nadia, i know what you mean. it would have to only be band members.
perhaps we should publish a list of restaurants we feel comfortable with , keeping it cheap and healthy (no tex-mex cuisine!). Houses would be fine, but they'd have to be really close. the window of opportunity here (between soundcheck and doors) is sometimes only about an hour and a half.

maybe the fan would show up at the venue for soundcheck, and then right afterward we'd quickly decide from a list of close-by's he/she's researched.

amy, c'eleste, good input. we're getting close...

Anonymous said...

and a no fast food rat serving joint rule too.

I say people just submit their town and contact details. You guys pick a random winner and let them know the day before. Then the winner can decide where to take you and shortlist it to three places. Or i can bring my nan's food in a tub to the venue.

I don't know why i'm contributing to this idea you guys are England phobic anyway ;)

Unknown said...

From Todd-
Im likin the name drop Blake. Dude as i said before I am soo down with the whole plan. what email address can i send my shit to? Hopefully you guys will all be down for this.

Hailey k said...

oo yeah...nice idea. lots of fun places in ptown...

.. said...

great idea. if you come to lincoln (like at knickerbockers) there's lots of places to eat downtown. if you play sokol in omaha again, well, there is that burger king across the street... so you should come to lincoln. then i wouldn't have to drive to omaha (where i always get lost).

Anonymous said...

Hell yeah. That would be sick! I would most definitely suggest any and all Indian in the area. It's the only way to go.

Taryn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Taryn said...

The show last night was incredible. Let us know the next time you guys come to Houston and I'm sure Jessica and I would take you all out to dinner. There are some great places around Houston (a lot of vegetarian friendly places too if any of you fall into that category)... we owe you for the crazy stage-afterparty anyways I am sure. Had fun dancing with you guys- making fools of ourselves. thanks again...
Taryn
nasht@hbu.edu